Thursday, August 24, 2006

A month old...

So far, so good!

At a month I am waving my hands around, making some gurgling noises and if I had to have a first word, it would be "waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh". I have had my first bath, first doctor's appointment, first walk... time flies!

Brandon has legions of smitten fans, and it has been great to have so many visits from friends and family showering us with their generosity and love. Brandon is very blessed and has been truly welcomed to this world.

Everything doesn't come easily, but it is a learning process with a steep curve and I feel really positive. Brandon sleeps pretty well through the night (midnight until 5am) and I feel good about how things are going over all. There are hurdles (breast feeding is not as easy as you think it will be, for a natural process it certainly doesn't go as smoothly as you figure it will although things are sorting out) and then unexpected moments of joy like when you are rewarded with the hint of a smile, or he cuddles in to me, or he lifts and moves his head when he gets his tummy time.

No comments: